Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

I remember

I remember
the first time you laughed.
That was the day I felt complete.

I remember
the best time we had.
When we got caught,
sneaking out of class.

I remember
the flavor of ice-cream we shared,
since we didn't have enough money for two.

I remember
the very moment you cried,
when I didn't show up.

I remember
the moment you held my hand
and said,"I'll never leave you".

I remember
the last time we spoke.
I hoped you'd return.

And I remember
that you never returned for a long time.
But I kept waiting.

I still remember
the news headline - "Bangkok plane crash".
That's when I knew, my waiting was hopeless.

But I remember
that I promised myself,
that I'll always remember you,
for who you were
- A sister I never had.

No comments:

Post a Comment