Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Hola everyone!

So I was looking through this stack of really old children’s story books in my cupboard. While I was flipping through a book called “Pookie in Wonderland” (!!), I came across this tiny slip of paper with my handwriting scrawled across the page. At the bottom of the page, it said “When reading Pookie and looking at Simba”. Simba was this cat I have and he must have been a very tiny kitten then. So here are two verses out of four that I had a good laugh over!
(Don’t make fun; it has taken me a lot of courage to put even this much here. And be nice, I wrote this at the age of 9 or 10!!!)

He plays with newspaper,
It’s the best toy in the world,
His tail is, of course,
What confounds him the most.

Those pieces of string!
He cannot help but spring, for-
They are to him-
Future mice!


(Yes, you can laugh! )

2 comments:

  1. Oh sorry, it's me, Manjari. "ARGH" is right! I know we're supposed to post only our best work here, but well... And I assure you, Ma'am, I'm not the disturbed child that I seemed to have been then.

    O . o

    ReplyDelete