Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Past, Present and Future

Hiya girls :) It's Taarika here! I thought I'd do a story post so here's the prologue to one of the ideas I had a long time ago... It's a bit confusing so I thought I'd just introduce you guys to it a bit so you're not totally lost :) It's a story that starts in the present and then transports the characters into their country's past. While they're there they change their future. Okay well I don't know if that made much sense but I hope you like it! :)

-----------

When the world stopped turning for me, the only thing I could see, stretching through the landscapes of my life, was The Bound. We were bound by fate, by life and by love, bound to do what we did and bound to live like we have. It’s no use saying we were bound tightly though. Any of one of us could’ve stepped away at any moment; we could’ve run from this and saved our souls though we’d have sacrificed our lives for them. We didn't though, as much as some of us wanted to. We had reached the point beyond reasoning, where all we had left was each other and ourselves.

It’s funny in a way to do what we are doing now- binding our lives so tightly together that I wonder... If I had made a different choice would we have realised it?Would the books and diamond have mysteriously vanished? Would we have searched for them or would our memories have been wiped blank? A new start, a clean break? Even now, I wonder if we should do what we are doing- if there is a reason, a thread of sanity to all that we’ve done through the years, to what we’re doing now. Just plunging ourselves back into the same cycle. Wouldn’t it be simpler, easier to let our innocent selves live in a parallel universe with no difference and let some one else change the world? Let some one else be disappointed, let down and distanced from the ones they love.

But if Aidan could hear me, he’d say I’d let myself get bitter after all these years about something that we’d had no choice about. Some one somewhere had just pointed to us and said,

“You’re it. Go do what the rest of them won’t.” We were the ones who did the dirty work so everyone else could live in peace. And we’ll keep doing it, through the years, forwards and backwards through time. Our lives so bound by it that we’ll only notice we’re doing it to ourselves at this very moment. This one moment in time, before we doom ourselves to the fate we’ve already had. But it’ll be done and if some day during one of the long years of time, one of me decides not to, at least I won’t be around to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment