Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I knew it was you

Hey guys... This is a poem I thought I'd write, just like that.

Started off on an internet chat
Spoke for hours together;
I'm sure no one can beat that
As it was longer than a day.

We exchanged phone numbers
To talk and know our voices;
And I was munching on cucumbers
While having a nice chat.

We planned on meeting pretty soon
We both were equally excited.
In excitement, I dropped my metal spoon,
And it hit the ground with a "ting".

We met at a rehearsal of a song
We both were motionless;
As if we'd known each other too long,
When it'd only been a month.

Days went by and time flew.
You started loving me.
You finally said, "I love you".
I was shocked, as were you.

I never took it seriously
Until time showed me way;
I loved talking to you continuously
And like that, it went on.

I had a person on my mind
But then you walked in too.
I was confused, I had to find;
If it were him or you.

Although I've told you plenty of times
That I love him, not you,
I begin to feel, over those times
That it's not him, it's you.

And only then, we have to fight!
The annoying life's surprise.
It's then I realized, I was wrong and you were right
I think I love you now.

And now you say you don't love me
Because I love him.
How do I explain this? You see,
No, it's only you.

I hate to admit love because
I want to live innocent
Till the time I get married, because
I hate to worry my parents.

I was wrong in telling you
I love him, not you.
I was mad, for the way you,
Spoke the other night.

I know, you meant it as a joke
But, it really hurt me bad.
And now, I know I can't evoke
A feeling of love again.

I knew it was you. Yes, I did.
But I still can't say, "I love you"
As I want to live innocent, like I already said
Else I'd break my daddy's heart.

Now do you get me?
Why I can't confess?
What if you leave me?
I can't take another regret.

Let's be friends for the time being
Later, we'll figure out the rest.


-Madhuvanthi

3 comments:

  1. nobody writes a 16 para poem just like that!!!!!!!
    (shell shocked) smit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smit, I really did write it just like that. I have this problem of writing too much once I start. Its very rarely short. It would've been longer (I'm sure you'd have gotten a heart attack :P), but I actually cut it short!!!

    Ananya, same answer.

    -Madhuvanthi

    ReplyDelete