Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Best Friend is...

This piece is entirely dedicated to my dog - my little angel sent from above :)

My best friend is my dog. I've always known that. His name's Bravo. I remember the first time he came home, I was in Bhopal, 5 and a half years back. He traveled all the way from Hosur to Bhopal. He is a pedigree Labrador, only, not completely Indian. He is half Danish and half Indian. His looks are amazing and adorable (touch wood)! He has greenish brown eyes and a brown nose. He's a golden Labby.

He was already 3 months by the time he arrived. But, no regrets. He still looked like a puppy (although he was quite tall). We opened the gate and he ran inside. Nothing would've caught my attention better than him. The first thing he did, was not something a new pup would do. He, of course, jumped on me and brought me down. But, he also added a little something extra to that. Although, I wish not to say it, I confess, he pissed on me!!!

Poor little one. He traveled for 3 straight days to be with us. He was hungry and thin. We had prepared ourselves for that luckily, 3 days before he reached us. He was supposed to come a day earlier, as he was my birthday present. But it was delayed. Still, no regrets. It was worth it. Then, he ate the food, mixed with milk. Within 5 minutes, uncontrollably, he pooped on our carpet. But, we laughed. We weren't mad. We completely understood. As it was already night, my brother and I were getting ready for bed. My father came late those days, so my mother would stay awake till then. I wanted to kiss my dog's forehead so badly. But my mother said, "You can kiss him tomorrow, after he has had a shower." I couldn't wait! The funny part was, that night, I slept at the edge of my bed and closed my eyes. I opened them just to get a slight glimpse of my dog. But he had already jumped on the side and was waiting for me to look at him. His tongue was sticking out and he was wagging his tail. It was all of a sudden. I screamed and got up. He got scared too, and ran to the hall with his ears flying and flapping loosely. He skidded and fell! That was so hilarious and cute, I can never forget that.

Over the years, I've never realized that patting a dog would actually give me contentment. And hey! He's the only one who supports me, even when the world seems dead to me. If I'm most likely to go under depression, he's the only one who can console me. And he has that magic in him. Its not by words. Its by that spark in his eyes, that movement of his paws, that sweet, moist nose that touches my cheek when I hug him and the soft fur. He understands if i am sad. He comes to me, lies by my side and looks at me with an expression that reads: "Yes dear, I understand. Come, sit next to me and I'm sure you'll feel better." When I do sit next to him, he puts his paw on my lap as if to say, "Its alright. I'm here. Relax."

He can bring a smile on my face, whenever, wherever. All I gotta do, is sit by him, look into his eyes, hug him, kiss him, and let my emotions out. And it actually makes me feel better!!! I feel renewed.

Its true, what they say... "Nothing can give happiness to a man better than an animal."

and

"A dog is man's best friend."

- Madhuvanthi

No comments:

Post a Comment