Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Avatar

Why don't you look me in the eye?
See only my outward appearance.
Why can't you do anything but sigh?
As the words- I miss you- ring meaninglessly
Through the kitchens of your life.
The last time you laughed it was old;
A hollow creature escaping from ages past
Slipping past your fake tears and eyes
Sitting heavily against my worried heart.

What should I make of you?
You don't seem to exist anymore.
Living in a tidal wave that sinks
Listlessly into the sand pits children leave behind.


by Taarika Chandy

3 comments:

  1. because your heart was like the rainbow shell. :(

    no one's around forever. i LOVE the last line.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still thinking about this ... I'm not really sure what to say .. I love the line about the laughter "Sitting heavily against my worried heart." I can completely relate to it .. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much :) just to clarify it's not about a guy :P in case anyone's wondering...

    ReplyDelete