Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

d r e a m i n g

She could never have known the rules all writers are bound to the moment they convert their dreams to actions. She couldn't have known the curse that comes with creating a world you can use to run away from life and escape death, a world of cowards, liars, lovers, poets and murderers. A world of fire and ice but nothing in between, of spaceless time and timeless space and corrosive memories. She refused to destroy her dreams for the sake of the fear all writers live by, and because of this she was condemned to bear the weight of the curse she created, on her own soul. Had I known this then, I still wonder whether I would have tried to save her, or realised that she was doomed anyway.





..........hey guys! it's apoorva. :)
this is the prologue for the story i'm writing. thought it'd make a good first post. :)

6 comments:

  1. Assuming the "I" here is you (i.e, Apoorva) I'm dying to about 'her'!!
    I love every word you've written. And this line made me dizzy with the longing to know more: "she was condemned to bear the weight of the curse she created, on her own soul."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to *know about 'her'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm standing in line to read this story. Very impressive Apoorva :)

    shruthi

    ReplyDelete
  4. no lol i'm not in this story :) "i" is the narrator. if i was either, i'd probably be "her" though, not "i"..=)
    -apoorva

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 LOVE IT! i need to badly read more!!

    ReplyDelete