Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Perfect for today

I was too fat for some, so I lost weight

Then I wasn't busty enough so I had to put some on

Mind you not too much, just enough

When it would be right no one could say.

I chopped my hair, straightened and coloured it red

Only to discover that ‘it’s so yesterday’

To be today, it had to be long, curled and blue

What tomorrow will be is yet to be decided

By the revered anorexic goddesses of the moment.

My shirt didn’t constrict my breathing

My skirt didn’t reveal my underwear with every flutter

(Not that my underwear was satin and lace)

My socks were too high and shoes too low

Altogether the sorriest plight.

They redeemed me with a makeover

That set me back my tuition fee only by three months

What matters is, I was perfect

Atleast till the sun set that day.

5 comments:

  1. i love you've said in the last two lines...
    this poem kinda makes me think of a lot of people i have met!!!!
    smit

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked it! and just like smit this poem reminds me of some people i happen to know as well! :D
    shalini sinha
    p.s. i hate writing my title all the time!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tone reminds me of a lot of poets i studied in LITERATURE. do you know what their standards are? ;)
    its great! love the undercurrents :)
    -apoorva

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thanks guys, first for reading it and second for bothering to comment. i love you apoorva for noticing the undercurrents! :)

    shruthi

    ReplyDelete