Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bangalore Rains



Bangalore, the city of dreams, for so many. I had actually never planned to come here, the whole thing happened very suddenly and after that again, pretty suddenly, I found myself alone, in this city, for the very first time. Life can be difficult. Very difficult. It took me quite some time to adjust to this new city. Slowly life moved on, friends, college, everything was just the way it should have been. I was falling in love. I was falling in love with this city slowly. I remember myself, sitting by the window, alone, and gazing out, looking at the raindrops. Each drop of rain, that touched my face, seem to give me a new life, gave me another reason to love this city. People complain when it rains more than usual, cause of traffic, water accumulation, but whenever it comes to rain, I look beyond this. I love the rains. The smell of the wet mud, the wet grass, my wet windowpane, the red umbrella, the coffee mug. I have actually spent hours just looking out of my window, the view is not that great perhaps, just a small open piece of land with a huge tree. But even then, I seem to find something special in this whole not-so-special landscape. Something extraordinary in this ordinary thing. You should see how green it becomes after a heavy shower, as though; someone has painted a picture all over again, with fresh green paints. Every single drop of rain that falls from the branches of the tree makes me smile. I have yet not seen much of this city, just a few places, so I cannot tell you how it is like in the other parts of the city, when it rains. However, even then, whenever I think about Bangalore rains, the picture of the tree, with its wet branches, more-than-usual-green leaves, comes in my mind. Being in a new city, where you really don’t know anyone, can be pretty nice at times, cause you really don’t know what to expect, you just begin afresh. That is how it is with me. New faces, new place, new drops of rain, new life.

-shalini sinha

3 comments:

  1. this is beautiful. i fell in love with the rains six years ago and since then they have never failed to make me drunk on my happiness and their beauty. i'm so glad there's another romantic out there who finds them just as enchanting. :)
    -apoorva

    ReplyDelete
  2. smit here:)
    ok shalini...
    A. you are never alone... we are always there with you in your heart and soul.. i just wanted you to know that...
    B. you just left me speechless there because you spoke about the one thing i love the most:)

    ReplyDelete