Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

It's done.

You held my hand and never let me go.
It was only distance that parted us, but the love kept hold.
The love is unconditional, no one would ever know.

Your support gives me strength;
Your words give me wisdom;
Your hope gives me life. You gave me life.
But the wine is over my love; only the debris remains.

I called, you answered. I wept, you suffered.
The deal was made; I asked and you gave.
But how could such a relationship exist?
It still does.

Sometimes, losing hope is easy. The river flows but the water seems still.
When I look, everything seems to change. Things turn around and I lose control.
There is a new found love, but underneath it all there is this heart all alone.

I saw you today, you're so beautiful that it hurts.
Your words echo in my head; but I have become numb.
Forgetting is easy, remembering is difficult.
It's been a year, and now I am trying to succumb.

Death ended a life, but the relationship remains.
Heading down the memory lane;
Hope was all you needed; we will go places and meet soul mates.
But you didn't realize, you are the one.

You let me explore, and let me grow.
But now, you won't be there.
Yet, I won't let go.

I wish I knew, how you felt.
You'd have told me, I would've wept.
The pain would have settled, the meeting would've been successful.
But like people say, the deed is done and the cycle is complete.
You moved on; and the strength is given to me.

It is strange, how these games are played.
When you think of it, they are ironical.
It's a planned game my love.
The play is about the journey, the plans are always the end.

In that journey, you made me see.
I saw you, and I saw us. But now, I only see me.
That's okay, because I am prepared.
I have learnt, you still make my life beautiful.

What can I say? Thank you.
I am too proud to let the devil rule.
Too proud to let go of you.
Proud, to let my love lose.
Because I love you.

- Priya

1 comment:

  1. "I saw you today, you're so beautiful that it hurts."
    I bow down to that line. *speechless*

    ReplyDelete