Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Treasure Trove!

This one was inspired by a certain special someone,and happens to be one of the only sappy stuff I've written:P Enjoy!

One last time, just once,
to fill my eyes with the beauty
that radiates off of her.
Once more, for the last time,
let me see, see what
changed my life.
The toll has been paid,
my suffering increases
day by day; what more
can I give: willingness to give all,
for just one last look,
before the slaughter ends
and she walks out that gate.
I’m free for a second,
but is that what I want?!
One last peek, to stop
my weeping heart.
Frantically looking all around,
for the tiniest glimpse,
a clue to the treasure I seek,
but as always I lay
disappointed, in the horror
of it all, unable to accept
Fate as it is, looking for
loopholes, miniscule hopes,
all resting on just a few
days to go; the despair
seeps through every pore,
yet it doesn’t sink in;
I reject the very thought,
but it never truly goes.
Every second ticks by,
slower than ever, yet
how fast it runs……..
I missed my chance and
now I sit alone and try to let go
of that beautiful Treasure Trove!

-Ananya

1 comment: