Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Flame of Hope

A strange sense of relief.
Tears of loss.
The heart yearns for what is not,
And the brain yearns to justify what is.

Why does my heart want that
which my brain doesn't?
Why am I justifying,
convincing myself of something that has to be,
but isn't?

I anxiously wait for what is going to be,
I painfully miss what was.

The flame inside just went out,
"No hope!" the heart cries.
Darkness lies ahead,
And I venture against my will.

Will I find what the heart wants?
Or will the brain justify that
what I want is what I have?

Will I find you,
or do you not exist?

Will I ever smile,
the way I did last night,
in your arms?

Or is that a fragment of my Phantasm?

Will logic and the sensibilities of the world
keep us apart?
Or will the melodies of our souls
harmonize to become a tune?

Do you know me?
Will you remember me?
Will you hold my hand in the darkness?

Will you light my flame of hope?

This is something I had posted on my blog a long time ago. I thought I'd share it with you all :)

Purvaa
Oh, and please comment on my previous piece of writing - the getting over someone. Its the first time I've attempted writing an ironically humourous piece and would like you all to critique it :)
Thanks a ton!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you've brought out the conflict between your heart and your head. This piece reminds me of this quote:
    "To handle others, use your heart.
    To handle yourself, use your head."

    And inspires the quote:
    "Send your head for a stroll while your heart deals with the things on hand" :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. it makes me want to say,"yes, i will!!"
    smit:)

    ReplyDelete