Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Snowflake...

A little while back, someone I love confessed to having an eating disorder. She knew she needed help and yet refused it… this is for her.


Snowflake

The light has faded from her eyes,

Her cheeks are pale; she tells me lies.

She winds a rope around her neck,

At dead esteem the vultures peck.


Lonely spectator, sunken heart,

In her despair I have no part.

Mute observer, bleeding hands,

Her footsteps fading on the sands.


The mirror cracks, I cannot hear,

The screams that deafen my beloved’s ears.

A dying flower refusing help,

Not friend, not foe, not even self.


A ray of hope now blinds my eyes,

It hurts, this hope that’s from the skies.

If it brings life, as I pray it will,

Laughter again her heart will fill.

-Elia Maria Peter

4 comments:

  1. I hope her heart fills with laughter again.
    I dont know what more to say ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful. i can't think of another word to describe it but its more than that.
    shruthi

    ReplyDelete