Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The House

She had a book in hand,
He came to stretch out
She turned
and forgot all about the book.
He lay stretched out
Next to her.
His eyes were closed:
they opened every now and then
He stared at the ceiling.
She lay next to him
the hand that held the book – limp
She watched him while he rested,
wanted to reach out and touch his face
But she lay still.
Suddenly there were tears in her eyes
and she didn’t know why.
As she brushed them away
He opened his eyes and turned to her . . .

Sam

11 comments:

  1. that was nice but u know what would be nicer??? the identity of the person who wrote it!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok same goes to me too!! smit here... who wrote the poem???

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok people that was written by sam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. doesnt it say 'sam' at the end=/

    it was lovely sam...had a nice mysterious air to it! the first thing i related it to when i read it was Edward and Bella (not in a bad way!!! you know,think back to a time when you liked it;P) it reminded me of such pure love....made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. smit again... oh i didnt see that... missed it... @ananya- ed n bellas love was pukey.... but its kinda true...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to think of "him" as a cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...
    Its the kind of poem that I would relate to a particular emotion - a mixture of yearning but having something holding you back...
    Made my mind go silent as I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the previous comment was by Purvaa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purvaa, genius child. Thank you =))

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey sam ... i would love a continuation to it ... I feel like I would want to read more of it :)as in what happens next ???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebecca, first off, thank you. Ummm .. there isn't actually a continuation to it .. I'll try and if something flows, well, I'll post it and you'll know =))

    ReplyDelete