Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

To be in love with the Devil


Falling in love is so simple and easy sometimes. Falling with love with the right person, having perfect reasons, is perhaps one of the best feeling ever. But what happens when you fall in love with the not-so-right person, what happens when your so drunk in love that nothing else makes sense. Nothing. Not even the fact that perhaps your in love with the devil.Life can be pretty unpredictable, there is no consistency in anything whatsoever. I for once had never thought that perhaps I'll be in love with that one person whom i hated so much, that one person, who's mere existence burned me from the core. I hated him. Hated him beyond condition. Hated him for what he was, for what he did. You can't just blame me, for the whole world seemed to hate him along with me, hate him for he was....well, for being himself.
when you actually stop and think about all the things that has happened with you in life, you tend to realise how unpredictable life can be, and how the phases of life are not so constant. Everything changes. People change. Feelings change. It happens, trust me, i know, cause I have seen myself change.
When he stepped into my life for the very first time, did i hate him then?
yes, i did.
the only reason i played along, was to know this devil better, to know, how this devil thinks, and to give myself more and more reasons to hate him. I guess I had made a mistake somewhere, cause as days passed by I found more and more reasons not to hate him
more reasons to think that may be, for once, just for once the world was mistaken, just the way i was, perhaps somewhere deep down, this devil has a heart too, has a soul, which can love and which wants to love.
But there again, i gave myself reasons, this time strong reasons, to prove that its something beyond possibility. This devil can never fall in love.
Every now and then, i could actually see myself, thinking about him. What was wrong with me. Did i not have enough reasons to prove that the devil can never have a heart, if that was so, why was i thinking about him, why was he making such a huge difference in my life. He was the reason for all conflicts in my mind, the reason behind every mood swings, the reason behind every smile, they reason behind every drop of tear that i shed.
so now, i was crying for him, wasn't i?
i should have known this long back, he would capture me someday too, someday he would trap me in his false tales and I'll be too much drunk in his love to make any sense myself.
But what about those times, when i smiled cause of him, what about those moments when he was the only one i had?
what about those nights when he sang me to sleep, not that easy to forget is it?
The devil The devil.
Hard to believe but you have a heart too. A heart that loves me. A heart that i love.
And.
I am in love with you now.
Unconditional love, which perhaps the world will never understand.
Now that i come to think of it, the cupid never struck me...but the devil did strike, right across my heart.
-shalini sinha

No comments:

Post a Comment